Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Southwest Fettuccine Bowl

This is another Betty Crocker Recipe I recently tried. Hubby loved it, I however was not a fan. I'm not a huge fan of blackbeans so I'm sure that's what my issue was. I will definitely make it again for him though!!

8oz fettuccine uncooked
Olive oil flavored cooking spray
1 cup chunky salsa
1/3c frozen whole kernel corn
1/4 cup water
2T chili sauce
1/2t ground cumin
15oz black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4c chopped fresh cilantro

Cook pasta and drain. Place in medium boil and spray with cooking spray, cover and keep warm.In same sauce pan used for pasta, mix remaining ingredients except cilantro. Cook over medium heat 4-6 minutes, stirring occassionally, until corn is tender.Divide fettucine among 4 individual bowls. Top each with 3/4c of sauce mixture and sprinkle with cilantro

No comments: