Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pork Ribs with Smoky BBQ Sauce

This is a Betty Crocker Recipe that I found one afternoon while sitting outside enjoying the sunshine looking through my cookbooks! I have never made ribs before and thought I'd give them a try. They were actually quite amazing. I've never been a big ribs eater so I was quite pleased with their flavor and moistness.

4lb Pork Loin back ribs (not cut inot serving pieces)
1T veggie oil
4t thyme
1/2c ketchup
1/4c water
3T brown sugar
2T white vinegar1t celery seed
1/4t liquid smoke
1/4t red pepper sauce

Brush meaty side of pork with oil and spinkle with thyme.Place pork, meaty side up, over drip pan or over uneated side of gas grill. Cover and grill over medium heat 1 hour turning occasionally or until tender.While pork is grilling, in 1 at sauce pan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Brush sauce over pork 2-3 times during last 15 minutes of grilling. Heat any remaining sauce to boil. Serve with sauce to dip.

No comments: