Monday, February 25, 2008

Apple Butter

This recipe came from allrecipes.com. I've been waiting to try this for months but I haven't had two consecutive days off in a while. This was the quickest recipe ever to make. I'm already enjoying the smells billowing out of the kitchen and it's only been 15 minutes!
Tomorrow I will post on the finished product!

INGREDIENTS
8 apples - peeled, cored and chopped (i put my cored apples in the food processor to chop them)
4 cups white sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
Fill a slow cooker with diced apples, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Cover, and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 hours, or until thick and dark golden in color.
Fill small jars with hot apple butter, leaving about 3/4 inch space at the top.

No comments: