Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rotisserie Crockpot Chicken

This is a recipe I printed off over the weekend at work from(http://aboutabitofeverything.blogspot.com). It sounded amazing and I really needed to use up the whole chicken I had in my freezer. We're supposed to be getting a terrible snow storm today, so I thought a nice chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and veggies would be nice!

Here's the recipe....

4-5lb chicken
2t kosher salt
1t paprika
1t onion powder (i used garlic powder)
1/2t thyme
1t italian seasoning
1/2t cayenne pepper (i used 1t)
/2t black pepper
a pinch of chili powder
4 cloves of garlic, cracked (for stuffing)
1 yellow onion quartered (for stuffing)

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Clean your bird and dry with a paper towel. Then stuff with the garlic and onions. Then rub your spice over the whole bird. Place in your crockpot on 4 balls of foil (so your chicken isn't sitting in fat and the skin gets nice and crispy). Cook on low for 8 hours.

3 comments:

Kristina R. said...

If you strip the skin off the bird before putting it int he crockpot, you don't need to worry about the balls of tin foil.

I did that last week with this same recipe and it worked out great.

Kristina R. said...

I also just realized that this is the recipe I used from A Year of Crockpotting (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/) yet there isn't any credit given on your post. Can you either reference my blog or The Year of Crockpotting blog?

Michelle said...

Kristina--if you click on the recipe name, it's linked to your blog! Thanks for letting me know though!