Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oreo Truffles

I've had these several times before, but never made them myself. What a yummy treat! I made these also as a test batch for the shower I'm having. They turned out amazingly well. I'm actually really excited about them.

1pkg Oreo cookie sandwich cookies
8oz cream cheese, softened
16oz semi sweet baking chocolate (I used chocolate chips with 1T of canola oil added)

Put the oreo cookies into your food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Reserve 1/4c for sprinkling later.

Shape into 1 inch balls--I used my small cookie scoop to do this. I then put these into the freezer for about 3 minutes to firm up, then I rolled them into perfect balls. Put them back in the freezer for 15 minutes or so before dipping. Once dipped, place on a wax paper covered baking sheet (I used a cooling rack so they weren't "oozy" looking). Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in airtight container.

No comments: