Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beef Bourguignon

It's been ages since I've actually updated anything in here...I just don't seem to have the time anymore but I'm going to make an effort to work on it a couple times a week.

I made this the other night when my mom had her surgery because it was quick and easy and I could just toss it all in the crockpot and it was all ready to go when I finally got home after 26 hours of being awake.

3lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
1/2c. all purpose flour
4 slices of bacon diced
2 medium carrots, diced
8 small new red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters
8-10 mushrooms sliced
24 pearl onions
3 cloves minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1t dried marjoram leaves
1/2t dried thyme leaves
1/2t salt
black pepper to taste
21/2 cups Burgundy Wine or Beef broth (I used half and half)

1. Cut beef into 1/2inch pieces. Coat with flour and set aside.
2. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until partially cooked. Add beef; cook until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Layer carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, bay leaf, marjoram, thyme, salt, and pepper, beef and bacon mixture in the slow cooker. Pour liquid over top. Cover and cook 8-9 hours on low or until beef is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.

This recipe was adapted from "Fix it Quick: Slow Cooker"

No comments: