Sunday, September 28, 2008

Minestrone alla Milanese

I made this on Saturday morning for my mom. She still hasn't eaten a whole lot of anything, so I thought this might taste good!

28oz reduced sodeium beef broth
14oz diced tomatoes, undrained
1c diced potato
1c. coarsely chopped green cabbage
1c. coarsely chopped carrots
1c. sliced zucchini
3/4c chopped onion
3/4c. sliced frehs green beans
3/4c. coarsley chopped celery (I chopped some of the leaves up too for flavor)
3/4c water
2T EVOO
1 clove garlic minced
1/2t basil
1/4t rosemary
1 bay leaf
15oz cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Grated Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients excpet beans and cheese in slow cooker. Mix well. Cover; cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add beans. Cover; cook on low an additional hour or until veggies are crisp and tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. Garlish with cheese, if desired.

Recipe adapted from "Fix It Quick: Slow Cooker"

1 comment:

Maggie said...

That sounds yummy! I might have to try it.