Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

I have had such a taste for pulled pork sandwiches. I started looking for some new and different ways to prepare this--and came across this recipe on allrecipes.com. It was absolutely fantastic! David wasn't so sure about it when I first told him, but he ended up eating 3 sandwiches.

1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin You can use a pork shoulder also
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer I used A&W
1 (18 ounce) favorite barbecue sauce I used sweet baby ray's sweet and spicy
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted bottle your

I also rubbed some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin on the tenderloin before putting it in the slow cooker.

Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

No comments: