Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brown Sugar Chicken

Yes, I know...slacker...I won't give excuses...

Tonight I made brown sugar chicken (click the title of the post for the link of the OP) and it was AMAZING!!! And fast :-)
Ever since we had our son, I'm all about uncomplicated, fewer ingredients, and no prep work recipes...& if I can throw it in the slow cookers, I'm all over it.

This was absolutely incredible. I served it with Orzo & steamed veggies. Even the baby inhaled it!

Brown Sugar Chicken

ingredients:
--12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or 6 boneless, skinless breast halves
--1 cup brown sugar (it's okay. you can brush your teeth after.)
--1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (stay with me...)
--2/3 cup vinegar (I used white wine, but think regular white would be fine)
--3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
--2 T soy sauce
--1 tsp ground black pepper

The Directions.

Use a 4 quart crock pot for this recipe.

Plop the chicken into your crock pot. Cover with the brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce. Add the vinegar, and pour in the soda. It will bubble!

Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5. The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached desired consistency. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be.

Serve over a bowl of white rice with a ladle full of the broth.

No comments: