Friday, January 21, 2011

Margarita Chicken

I am with out a doubt beyond addicted to the blog a year of slow cooking. In fact, I begged my brother to buy me her cookbook for Christmas--and he did. (Now I just need to go buy the 2nd edition.) 90% of her recipes are using ingredients I commonly have around my house, so I don't need to make a special trip to the store to make a healthy and well balanced dinner for my family.

This chicken recipe I have made SEVERAL times and I'm SO in love. I've used both boneless skinless breasts and thighs. Both work well.

Even Bryson enjoyed this chicken.


The Ingredients

--4-5 frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs
--1/4 cup Dijon mustard
--1/4 cup honey
--1 T soy sauce
--2 minced garlic cloves
--3 T margarita mix


The Directions.

--mix your sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl
--plop the frozen chicken in the bottom of your crockpot
--cover with the sauce (I usually double the sauce recipe so the chicken is pretty submerged in it while cooking)
--cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5. I normally flip the chicken over half way through cooking so the other side gets nice and caramelized.

No comments: