This is one of those recipes that the WC nesties are ALWAYS talking about..So I got spontaneous and decided to try them tonight!
8T of butter, melted
1C light brown sugar
1t vanilla extract
1/4t baking powder
Mix-ins of choice (see options below) I used 1/2c. chocolate chips, 1/2c. toffee bits.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil and spray lightly with Pam.
2. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. With electric mixer, mix brown sugar and melted butter beating until smooth.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
5. Add salt, flour, and baking powder and mix until combined.
6. Stir in your choice of mix-ins with a wooden spoon.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to level top.
8. Bake 22-25 minutes or until set in the middle. Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
1/2-1C chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips
1/2C chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds
1/2C reeses peanut butter cups chopped
1/2C toffee pieces
1/2t mint extract in addition or implace of vanilla extract.